Subject: [Leica] A camera for your pocket.... if you can wait a bit longer
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 01:15:44 -0400

This was about a pocketable carry-around camera and the micro 4/3 with
viewfinder was going to be too big. Ergo, point and shoot. Ergo, small
sensor. This was a given already. So, I say, here's a new point and shoot.
To which one replies "Wait a darn minute!! That point and shoot has a darn
small sensor!!"   Um, yeah.  Now, what they're all thinking these days with
14 megapixels on their small sensors and what they've done to obviate the
problems this would give rise to, I can 't tell you I am far from being an
engineer. All I'm saying is, you want a camera for your pocket that will
produce higher quality images than the $125 Canon you're carryng around now,
this one fits the bill. Why? The lens. I have a Vario Elmar on a Panasonic
FZ28 and it's outstanding. This one is better: 3 asherical elements, focuses
to 3 cm (!!) and opens to 25mm equivalent. So no problem, right? Oh and a 3"
LCD screen with almost 500K pixels. And the lens hardly has to extend at
all. And it's very good looking.

So does that sound like a nice point and shoot camera or what? A little
pricey, yes.