Subject: [Leica] A camera for your pocket.... if you can wait a bit longer
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 00:04:25 -0400

On the issue of it being a Panasonic sensor, I'm not sure what difference
this makes, as we already know Leica doesn't make sensors. It ought to be
Kodak?

But it is a CCD sensor, I notice: the Panasonic LX3 has that but the lens is
a 2.5 zoom starting at 24mm whereas this is 12X starting at 25mm so it's not
the same camera -- the Panasonic LX's and the earlier Digilux's were
essentially the same, yes? That was my impression.  Apparently many
connoisseurs reacted this way to the CL when it came out but now we like it.
I suspect when Leica puts its name on something it attempts to control
quality sufficiently to protect its brand, which lives and dies on that
issue.

AND of course the whole conversation is moot because what was wanted
included a viewfinder, which neither the Digilux not the LX3 has.

Vince