Subject: [Leica] OT - Lightroom 3 Beta 2
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 20:10:55 -0400

2010-04-22-17:31:55 Gerry Walden:
> Thanks Jeff, and I hear what you are saying but you are missing the
> point of my question. To get my iMac to run in 64 bit mode I need to
> hold down the 6 & 4 keys on startup. If I do not do this, does LR
> still AUTOMATICALLY run in 64 bit mode or will it run in 32 bit as
> that is what the computer is doing?

I'm not sure I'm the one to give a definitive answer to that, but
think I recall reading that you needn't run the kernel in native
64-bit mode to have applications running in 64-bit mode.  Lessee, any
useful articles?  Maybe this one...

http://www.macworld.com/article/142379/2009/08/snow_leopard_64_bit.html

Replies: Reply from gwpics at me.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] OT - Lightroom 3 Beta 2)
Message from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] OT - Lightroom 3 Beta 2)