Subject: [Leica] Wow, the last word on Bokeh, from Zeiss
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 00:48:31 -0400

Rabs,

That's what I'm sayin'. You know the history, you don't miss a trick. And as
I remarked in another thread, if hanging out on the LUG has taught me to
really worship one lens from a distance, ie seeing the pics but not coming
close to using or owning it, it's the 75 Summicron ASPH. So I'm with you.
Plus my own aesthetic reaction to pictures causes me not to give a crap
about bokeh 99 percent of the time. Watching Apocalypse Now Redux with my
class today, there are moments of ghosting when they're shooting into the
low sun where you can count the blades on the aperture, easily. It's still
one of the three or four greatest American films.

I realize that's a stupid example but it was on my mind....

Vince