Subject: [Leica] Wow, the last word on Bokeh, from Zeiss
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 00:34:02 -0400

> There is an ecclesiastical position in most diocese of the Roman Catholic
> Church called the Censor Librorum. It's this dude's job to determine
> whether
> a text contains any errors of doctrine. "Censor" doesn't mean he (and yeah
> it's always a male surprise surprise) cuts anything or prevents anything
> from being published it just means he says whether or not the written
> material is free of errors of doctrine. (In the middle ages if he didn't
> sign off the work would not be suitable for distribution and the author if
> he resisted correcting it would probably be burned at the stake but they
> didn't have toilets then and now we do; long time ago.)
>
> Which means he has to be really good at *catching *errors of doctrine; has
> to see the often underlying or imputed doctrinal implications of things.
>
> So for this reason I nominate Rabs as the LUG's Censor Librorum. It didn't
> even occur to me to relate that passing "asph" comment to the hotly debated
> issue of whether the contempo Leica glass is "hard" etc. But of course he's
> right -- it was a direct hit.

You're not reading it in the context of the litany of BS writing on the un
Leica like hard or harsh look the aspherics gave when they came out a dozen
years ago.
I simply had the 16x20's printed on Ilford double weight fiber paper to
prove it wrong.
Leica has been on a winning streak with their progression of their lens
design. They don't miss much. Its not likely that a bunch of guys buying and
selling stuff on gear lists are going to point out the determent of their
ways to them.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro) ([Leica] Wow, the last word on Bokeh, from Zeiss)