Subject: [Leica] REAL LIFE TIME???????????? Vince Passaro ?..
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:00:04 -0400

There is no tone in e-mail.

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces+drodgers=casefarms.com at leica-users.org
[mailto:lug-bounces+drodgers=casefarms.com at leica-users.org] On Behalf Of
Doug Herr
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:37 AM
To: Leica Users Group
Subject: Re: [Leica] REAL LIFE TIME???????????? Vince Passaro ?..

Vince Passaro wrote:

>Your sense of humor and mine are not in sync alas.

Vince, I have found that humor rarely works as well as intended when
expressed with the typed word (vs. face-to-face, with the spoken word).
Typing has no vocal inflections or facial expressions that would clue
the intended audience into the real meaning of the words.  Unless one is
as gifted as Samuel Clemens was, typed humor often comes across rather
poorly.  In my case it was like trying to dance with two left feet (no
offense to the left-footed among us).

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com