Subject: [Leica] New Digital (?) Rangefinder Rumor
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:38:26 -0400

George wrote:

>>The system = the technologies that make it possible.<<

Speaking of systems, I can recall my first use of a digital camera. It
was a Fuji in the late 90's. Most camera phones today could probably
take higher quality images.

I don't know if CCD or CMOS is better. Some years back I studied up on
the differences and eventually determined that I would never make a
camera choice based on type of sensor.

Check out the Feature and Performance Comparison. CCD = higher system
complexity. CMOS = Higher Chip complexity (although since the chip is
part of the systems, does any of it really matter to anyone but the
engineers?)
http://www.dalsa.com/corp/markets/ccd_vs_cmos.aspx

My D700 (CMOS) take much better images than my D100 (CCD). Digital
cameras have come a long way and continue to improve. That's all I know
for certain.

Dave R