Subject: [Leica] R lens option for DSLR
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 19:52:44 +0100

Tina, this has nothing to do with loyalty. God knows I have given Leica
enough of my Eurii over the years, including in the past 18 months. But I
just came back from a one-night trip to London, flying Ryanair with no
checked baggage, and in the knowledge that whatever I brought with me would
be carried around London for a big part of trip.

In situations like this, weight is at a premium, and I took the GF-1 with
the 20mm, 45mm and 90mm (Elmarit) lenses. The weight saving over the M8 may
have been only a couple of lbs but when you walk around for several hours it
is a difference that you can feel. And BTW--with the 20mm pancake the image
quality is fully on par with Leica.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain