Subject: [Leica] OT GF1
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 01:42:11 -0400

See now once again I have to marvel at the un-hip grooviness of my G1
because its Already Included and Superior Viewfinder (AISV) has a little
electronic detector on it that knows if you're up against it and looking
through it or not. As soon as you pull your head away the review or the live
image appears on the screen below. Put your eye up to the EVF again and the
image is already in there waiting for you....

Occasionally this feature messes you up if you're using the swivel screen
and holding the camera up at some funny angle because  you'll lose your live
view if your sleeve passed over the EVF mount or something; but if you're
doing a lot of that you can go into the menu and turn the feature off and
manually control whether the view is on the screen or in the EVF.

Can you guys use the 10x zoom for focussing in the stand alone EVF for the
GF1? Or just on the screen?