Subject: [Leica] Beware HCB wannabes
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:01:57 -0600

George Lottermoser wrote:
The most infuriating incident that occurred to me was just that: the
person complaining attacked me for being a pervert without even
asking about my credentials, work, intentions, etc. She went right to
the police with name calling and accusations without cause.

Same thing happened to me, only my 'crime' was *having* a camera in the
local park across the street from my house.  I wasn't actually photographing
anything when the woman yelled at me not to photograph her kids, and then
called the cops.  When I walked home she followed me and copied my street
address for the cops.  To the cops credit, they questioned another couple in
the park who knew me and vouched for my intentions.  The cops let it drop
and didn't pay me a visit.  I learned about it later from the couple they
questioned.  It's so crazy these days that I don't even think about doing
street photography any more.  Which makes the world a poorer place, IMO.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Beware HCB wannabes)