Subject: [Leica] IMG(s): portrait, 50mm pre-ASPH Summilux on DMC-GF1; plug; ruminations.
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 01:34:35 -0500

Even the 14-45 Panasonic zoom that came with G1. while not as well regarded
as either of your two lenses, is shockingly good. I am about to move and
when I do I shall set up a new 8-bit (is that correct terminology?)  22"
monitor I obtained a while back and will calibrate it etc etc and look at
these pictures at 100 percent or more and then I'll know whether any given
lens is as good/not good as it might look to me now on my laptop. I love the
clarity and discipline of having a prime lens and working within its
parameters so I do use my Leica and Minolta adapters but increasingly I'm
just going out with the Pana zoom. it's a sweet and sharp lens that balances
nicely with the camera especially when its shortened up at its wider angles.