Subject: [Leica] IMG(s): portrait, 50mm pre-ASPH Summilux on DMC-GF1; plug; ruminations.
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 18:46:34 -0500

2010-03-09-18:16:31 Vince Passaro:
> You crazy cats wouldn't need no cloth over your head if you'd gotten the G1
> or -- apparently with a superior sensor to both though I thought them all
> the same -- the GH1.  They have viewfinders. They just don't look like
> rangefinders.

Absolutely true.  The built-in EVFs[1] on the G1 and GH1 are right
there and far better than the add-on one you can get for the GF1.  But
those cameras are enough bulkier and heavier (a little, but it seems
to cross some threshold) that I'd be less likely to toss one in a bag
just for the halibut.  And I think the faux-pentaprism look is kind of
silly, and actually likely to get much the kind of reaction from
people I might point this at as a "real" SLR.  And the GH1 only seems
to be available bundled with the fancy video-optimized lens for over
twice what I paid for this.  And I don't expect to buy the bolt-on EVF.

[1] Electronic Viewfinders (for Rabs)

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] IMG(s): portrait, 50mm pre-ASPH Summilux on DMC-GF1; plug; ruminations.)
Reply from passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro) ([Leica] IMG(s): portrait, 50mm pre-ASPH Summilux on DMC-GF1; plug; ruminations.)
Message from passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro) ([Leica] IMG(s): portrait, 50mm pre-ASPH Summilux on DMC-GF1; plug; ruminations.)