Subject: [Leica] Paging Tina Manley - LUF book
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 18:15:08 -0500

2010-03-12-17:27:39 Steve Unsworth:
> Apart from myself I think everyone who entered a photograph had at least
> one
> selected.

Oh, no -- you're not alone.  I'm zero for three.  The thing is,
though, looking at the photos picked, I don't see anything I consider
obviously inferior to what I entered in the categories I was entered
in.  I think my pictures were comparable to, but not obviously better
than, some things chosen -- and not too shockingly, I'm a fan of my own
work.  So by that admittedly personal measure, I think the quality of
the work picked is quite high.  Surprisingly high, actually.

I'll certainly be buying a copy of the book, damn them.

I remember thinking as I went through the latest LUG book that there
was some great stuff in there, but it might have been exceptionally
strong had it benefited from some judging and editing to around 2/3s
of the images in there.  Not the point of that book, of course, but
that was my thought.  And of course I assumed that were there such
editing, my pictures would have survived.

Be careful what you wish for.

:-)

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] Paging Tina Manley - LUF book)