Subject: [Leica] Ooops
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 01:16:19 -0500

Actually what the piece says in effect is "I am in debt way beyond my means
to repay and the whole country is too, so one day the whole ponzi scheme is
going to collapse."  The piece infuriated people and got more letters than
Harpers ever had up to then (email was not predominant and indeed I doubt
they had an e-mail to the editor) received in response to a single article,
like 400 or so. All but like a dozen were vicious: how dare you etc etc you
should sew your own clothes like I do etc.... Meanwhile no one has called
and said, you know what, you were right....

So it shall ever be.

I'm sorry for your troubles last year: that is a frightening place to be as
I have reason to know.  I'm glad things are getting better.

Vince