Subject: [Leica] Selling prints online and prices
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 18:51:45 -0600

Wow! You're giving up already?

Dreamers, who also do the leg work,
generally realize some level of "success;"
whatever that word may mean to you.

I've had some really good years (even a whole decade) in my career.
Maintaining momentum during the down weeks, months or years
is one of the many obstacles to overcome,
in the effort to develop a reputation in the market(s).
My comment re: profit from print sales is my reflection over 4.5 decades
of investing in darkrooms, computers, printers,
camera systems, employees, studios, etc.

I suspect a few on this list, like me,
have seen several sustained periods of success,
as well as lean times,
during their professional careers as photographers.

Markets (and reputations within them) ebb and flow;
as does our own tenacity to stay in the fight.

Giving up before you begin simply won't do.
Goes for anything you want to succeed at.

;~)

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com