Subject: [Leica] Selling prints online and prices
From: boklm at mars-attacks.org (nicolas vigier)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 02:41:19 +0100

On Tue, 09 Mar 2010, George Lottermoser wrote:

> Wow! You're giving up already?

Ah, I'm not giving up completly. I think I will continue taking photos
for fun, try to learn how to make good pictures, good prints, while
looking at how it would be possible to make some money with them, try
different things, and maybe one day a good opportunity will come.

> Dreamers, who also do the leg work,
> generally realize some level of "success;"
> whatever that word may mean to you.

Success would be to be able to travel to a lot of places, and be free
to do what I want, most of the time, instead of staying in an office 8
hours a day, 5 days a week.

That's what would be ideal, but maybe that's not realistic.

> I've had some really good years (even a whole decade) in my career.
> Maintaining momentum during the down weeks, months or years
> is one of the many obstacles to overcome,
> in the effort to develop a reputation in the market(s).
> My comment re: profit from print sales is my reflection over 4.5 decades
> of investing in darkrooms, computers, printers,
> camera systems, employees, studios, etc.
>
> I suspect a few on this list, like me,
> have seen several sustained periods of success,
> as well as lean times,
> during their professional careers as photographers.
>
> Markets (and reputations within them) ebb and flow;
> as does our own tenacity to stay in the fight.
>
> Giving up before you begin simply won't do.
> Goes for anything you want to succeed at.

I will continue to study what is possible to do. Thanks !

Nicolas
--
http://boklm.eu/

Message from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Selling prints online and prices)