Subject: [Leica] Sensor cleaning revisited
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 18:37:23 +1000

Well I was being flippant, but does it not have IS also???????.
You have a supersonic wave filter in front of the sensor assembly for
repelling dust, yes. Most Olys have a Supersonic Wave Drive (it's a stepping
motor system in the E620) which is used for the image stabilisation
system. The whole sensor assembly is moved in at least two planes. That
sensor ain't nailed down ;-). In any caser, fill your boots ;-) I was just
commenting on my personal preference for the way Leica does it. Actually I
would think that it would be technically difficult if not impossible to fit
such systems into an M. The S2 does not have it either and of course there
is rather more room in there.
Who knows what future Leica camera may have in there. But it won't be an M
any longer if it moves to LiveView and IS and EVFs and the rest of it. You
are right that those things are virtually standard in the mainstream dSLRs.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman
M is for Messsucher