Subject: [Leica] Epson 2200
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 18:58:20 -0600

On 3/1/2010 11:05 AM, Chris Saganich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My colleague wheeled an Epson 2200 into the office this morning with
> the intent to sell it on ebay.  I suggested we could set it up in the
> office for printing B&W photographs and she thought that was a fine
> idea.  I don't have a clue about these inkjet things, is there
> potential for making high quality inkjet images with a 2200?  Or
> should I just let her sell-it.
>
> Just curious, because IMO this is an inevitable transition for me
> anyway especially for small prints.
>
> Chris

Chris,

I still have a 2200 and it works fine.  Just a couple of things: You are
limited to matte papers, not an issue for me, because of the gloss
differential (bronzing) on gloss or semi-gloss papers.  Secondly, b&w
requires either a dedicated ink set (my experience was that continual
use was necessary to avoid serious clogs), or a RIP.  I use the
ImagePrint RIP for it (www.colorbytesoftware.com).  There is also the
Quadtone RIP.  Color prints on Epson Fine Art Velvet are excellent,
about all I could want.

Ken Carney
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma