Subject: [Leica] Epson 2200
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 16:01:16 -0500

I put plain vanilla Epson inks in mine dialed down the magenta and had no
problem with Mesmer or whatever the bad effect was called you'll see talked
about in black and white 2200. Some of those old prints I'm sure are worked
in among the ones I see and show people.
Over the years with my various printers I became more and more inclined to
just stay with Epson inks.
Keep is simple.

I strongly recommend a good 100 rag paper
Paper being a more critical area than ink it appears to me at this  point
where most people go wrong.
As the pigment sits right on top of the paper with not gelatin in between
there is no reason to be gloss like the darkroom process. And not reason to
"emulate" it.
Since you are a darkroom person you wont blink at a sheet of paper costing
around a dollar then a dime.

Hahnem?hle
Photo Rag Paper 188gsm for Inkjet 8.5x11" (Letter) - 20 Sheets

Moab
Entrada Rag Natural 190 (Matte, 2-sided, 190 gsm) Paper for Inkjet - 8.5x11"
(Letter) - 25 Sheets

That's from B&H. Pure cane photo. A bit more than a buck a sheet.
Gorgeous stuff.

The 2200 is a very old printer.
Epson improved themselves by twice several times since.
But it could get you going. It got me going.
Actually I got going with a 1200.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner