Subject: [Leica] major Lightroom/Bridge discovery
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 17:25:28 -0500

> Brian,
>
> I have been using a somewhat similar procedure for much the same reasons as
> you describe.
> I shoot only DNGs and import/copy them into LR2.6 by date with a
> simultaneous backup.
> I export the DNGs from LR as TIFs into the same folder as the DNGs; this
> opens the set in PS CS2.
> I close all images but the one I want to work on first; when I'm done I
> save
> it.
> I select the next image from Bridge, work on it, and close it. Repeat until
> I'm finished.
> I delete the rejects from LR and synchronize the folder.
> It's not the fastest workflow but I rather work slowly than make mistakes
> by
> hurrying.
>
> Oliver

I'm glad I'm not the only one on the list still getting much use from Bridge
and Photoshop. But I do expect to upgrade my Lightroom soon. Put more
windows in it. A new sofa. Install auto louvers. Polarized  plastic
sheeting.
I'm just now seeing some of the editing features I'd not seen before in just
the Adobe Raw filter  I use with both Photoshop and Bridge. Not in that
order. Like the gradated thing. The pictogram thing makes you think its a
printer. And the adjustment brush which I discovered like four days ago.  I
find it thrilling to have as much done as possible before it even opens in
Photoshop.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] major Lightroom/Bridge discovery)