Subject: [Leica] PIXEL PITCH SIZE
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 16:57:15 -0500

> If I had to draw a conclusion, it is that what matters most of all is the
> sensor size. Megapixels don't mean anything if the sensor is too small.
>
> Jean

Yet most of the reason why sensor size or "acreage" matters the most in
digital as well as in film is that in digital you get the more roomy pixel
pitches. Bigger.

This practically reason does not hold up I the film analogy but the results
seem to end up the same.
Acreage acreage acreage.

A reason why the X1 is a big deal.
Same size or smaller camera. Twice the a acreage.  Or darned close to it.

A reason why the S2 is a big deal.
Same size or smaller camera. Twice the a acreage. Or darned close to it.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] PIXEL PITCH SIZE)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] PIXEL PITCH SIZE)