Subject: [Leica] GF1 vs Canon S90
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 10:38:30 -0800

Well, it was a toss up. I needed something pocketable, finding the Canon G10
a tad big, never mind very slow.
While coming back from a shoot, I stopped in at Samy's Camera in Costa
Mesa., thinking I'd just do a comparison between the various models.
Trying the S90 was a mistake. As soon as I fired off a few shots, I bought
it.
The S90's biggest draw for me, is its speed. It's much faster than the G10.
And from I can see from the available light shots, it also outperforms the
G10 there.
The next day I used it on an assignment, and got a nod from the client that
the quality was fine. That's sending images alongside those from a 1D.
Having said that, once I can get a 14mm, or better yet a flatfield 12mm, for
the GF1, that's the next purchase.
Now if only the X-1 was wider!
S.d.

Replies: Reply from rmcclure2 at woh.rr.com (rob mcclure) ([Leica] GF1 vs Canon S90)