Subject: [Leica] Agricultural Program, Helmand, Afghanistan
From: thurmanphoto at gmail.com (Wendy Thurman)
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 07:32:07 +0500

The outright purchase of the opium production of Afghanistan would solve a
lot of problems and is, I think, a sensible approach.  We can't spend or
shoot our way out of this situation.  I think education is the key;
acceptance of the fact that solutions to the situation here will take
decades is also necessary.  We (America and the West) probably won't invest
the time that the situation requires.  Most Afghans have known nothing but
war; it's a normal situation for them.

I'll just continue to make photographs.  There's little else I can do.

Wendy