Subject: [Leica] Agricultural Program, Helmand, Afghanistan
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 16:09:58 -0700

Wendy Thurman wrote:

> It's been a while since I have posted any images. I've spent some time in
> Lashkar Gah where we operate a teaching farm for local farmers. The area is
> extremely volatile; in the second image the person on the hill is a Taliban
> spotter. This area is as spooky as any I experienced in Iraq; the province
> is home to most of the insurgent violence and produces the lion's share of
> the world's opium:
>
> http://wendythurman.com/page2/page3/files/page3-1001-full.html
>
> http://wendythurman.com/page2/page3/files/page3-1003-full.html
>
> Thanks for looking,

An interesting place to photograph and some very nice shots! The countryside
looks not unlike Iraq to me.

Too bad the West doesn't just purchase the entire Afghan poppy crop lock,
stock and barrel and either process it into necessary medicines or destroy
it. Shortages of pain killers was an significant issue recently in Haiti.

Greg Lorenzo

Calgary, Canada

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/

Replies: Reply from pjleeson at mchsi.com (Philip Leeson) ([Leica] Agricultural Program, Helmand, Afghanistan)