Subject: [Leica] Gil and Miles, Was Sir John Dankworth - RIP
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 13:00:40 -0800

John:

Saw that a couple of months ago.

Couldn't believe that:

1.  They still had the old kinescopes (pre-video tape "technology").
Priceless footage.

2.  How young Miles and Gil looked.  And Miles' posse on the stand.  Kids
with Monster Chops, all of them.

3.  That I first heard the Miles/Evans + 17 recording when I was17 in US
Marines in San Diego more than 50 years ago.  That and, "Sketches of Spain".

It's timeless, and it's still good.  I break out the CDs now and again when
I want to chill out and listen to Gil's genius and Miles' amazing gift.

Cheers and a VPC (Virtual Peace Symbol), man...

Bob

Bob Shaw
rsphotoimages at comcast.net