Subject: [Leica] Sir John Dankworth - RIP
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 11:23:53 -0800

I remember the first time I heard Cleo sing.

Amazing range; from the basement to the penthouse.  Someone once old me,
"three octaves plus...".

Comfortable and confident throughout her range with dynamics to match.

And for sure soulful.

Even in my late teens in the US, I knew who Johnny was.  Reminds me of
another British contribution
to Jazz:  Gil Evans, who gave our  Miles Davis a major showcase when he
really needed to move through The Cool and into the Subliime.

Bob

Bob Shaw
rsphotoimages at comcast.net