Subject: [Leica] A German Requiem (Brahms) in NY for Haiti
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 09:57:59 -0800

Yo, Rabs:

The Brahms stopped me in my tracks the first time I heard it.  My fave is
the London recording by Solti and the Chicago Symphony/Chorus, interpreted
by Solti with Kiri and Bernd Weil.

I suspect it's my most played recording and always inspires me.  I know that
Brahms referred to Beethoven as "The Giant", but it's just possible that
Beethoven would have been please with the Requiem.

To me, it's a Spiritual thing, not a Religious thing, to listen to the
Brahms.

Good on ya for adding your voice to this great work.

Bob

Bob Shaw
rsphotoimages at comcast.net