Subject: [Leica] OT Pana GF1 (20 pancake) & Ricoh GRD-III Mark's views now he has a GF1
From: jimlists at spectare.com (Jim Laurel)
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 09:11:24 -0800

Totally agree with you, Mark. I took one of these little beasts with me to
Burma as an M9 backup, but it ended up logging as many frames as the M9!
Truly a delightful little camera with great lenses.

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/3708140154/photos

I always loved the CL and the Olympus Pen, and the GF-1 is very much a CL +
Pen hybrid brought into the 21st century. One of the most intriguing things
to me is the concept of the lenses carrying around optical corrections in
firmware. I've already gotten some firmware updates for my M4/3 lenses. I
wonder what Barnack would have thought of being able to update lens designs
with software?

I used the Voigtlander adapter to mount M lenses, and it worked very well.
Stick to 35mm and longer, though. I did not have very good results with 28mm
and wider.

-Jim