Subject: [Leica] Flying With Camera Gear Post 25 Dec, 2009
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:06:13 +0000

I have some very good friends, and two cousins in the US, I have visited
often and we are going to DC in April to celebrate my 60th birthday by
visiting friends and family. I hope everything will be plain sailing. These
security guys are doing a job not everybody wants and they are probably
neither well paid nor well educated. There is a lot of ignorance. I must
say, if I had not got the tickets already I would reconsider the trip.
I would say that of all the countries I have visited the US officials are
the least knowledgeable and most insular. There is a clear impression that
they think you are being granted a great privilege being allowed access to
their country. Probably extreme nationalism taught in school :-)
Frank