Subject: [Leica] New 35mm cropped
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 19:33:00 +1030

> the M9 really only has the benefit of not needing IR filters.

And it only needs the IR cut filters _less_ not "not at all".  I can
show you some of my M9 test shots with a fair bit of colour
contamination from IR sensitivity.  This isn't uncommon in digital
cameras generally.

The problem with the M9 for me is that it retains several of my least
favourite things about theM* including slow wake-up with weird flash
and wrong exposures if you shoot too soon after wake-up, long lag time
and other things.  I saw no reason to upgrade from my M8 after I'd
played with the M9 for a few weeks, but then I am probably only going
to shoot film this year.

Marty

Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] New 35mm cropped)