Subject: [Leica] more on the GF-1, the finder, and a portrait of an artist
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 14:22:45 -0600

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Jeff Moore <jbm at jbm.org> wrote:

> 2010-01-11-23:26:30 Mark Rabiner:
> > > EVF
> > Electronic viewfinder!
> > Gosh guys we are so cool - such a select group with our cute little
> > acronyms.
>
> What is it with you and your apparently willful effort not to
> understand acronyms whose use has become widespread in our particular
> field of endeavor?  Something gets used long enough that nobody seems
> to need to explain what it stands for anymore, people enjoying the
> luxury of not having to type several long words over and over,
> then... a few months or even years into the acronym's
> near-universality, Mark says... Hey!  What's 'is, then?
>
> Just wondering.
>
> Maybe it's acronym dylsexia.
>
>  -J

Yeah? so why don't we have an acronym for "optical viewfinder" that we all
understand, instead of  typing it out throughout the thread?  Just asking ..
.

and, what about Plastic Optical viewfinder, and maybe metal Oprtical
viewfinder, and offset optical viewfinder?

No sense in getting pissed at us old farts because we don't like acronyms.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com