Subject: [Leica] more on the GF-1, the finder, and a portrait of an artist
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 15:08:16 -0500

2010-01-11-23:26:30 Mark Rabiner:
> > EVF
> Electronic viewfinder!
> Gosh guys we are so cool - such a select group with our cute little
> acronyms.

What is it with you and your apparently willful effort not to
understand acronyms whose use has become widespread in our particular
field of endeavor?  Something gets used long enough that nobody seems
to need to explain what it stands for anymore, people enjoying the
luxury of not having to type several long words over and over,
then... a few months or even years into the acronym's
near-universality, Mark says... Hey!  What's 'is, then?

Just wondering.

Maybe it's acronym dylsexia.

 -J

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] more on the GF-1, the finder, and a portrait of an artist)