Subject: [Leica] Wide angle
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 07:14:57 +0000

The reason, IMHO, why pros use WA zooms started off so that in crowded
situations they could stand in front of everybody else and still get
everything in. Now everybody has them its all elbows and poking again.
I quite agree that most pro pix tend to be very long or very short. Long for
paparazzi and sports, shorts to try to make sure you can get all the subject
in without another bystander or photographer in front of you. I notice this
at weddings.
I don't think art has anything to do with it.
My favourite FL is around 75 to 90 mm it seems to match perfectly how I see
the world, but it is not much use crowded situations.
But Ted is, as usual, right, you just stick the lens on the camera which
matches the requirements and in todays crowded world that is often a WA.
Frank