Subject: [Leica] Leica M8 -- too fragile for the real world - or
From: plus_4 at hotmail.com (Neil Miller)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 06:39:44 +0000

Does any know what the US Passport warranty certificate states? I purchased
an M8 in early December 2007 from a local Phoenix, Arizona Leica Dealer. I
assume I had a Passport Warranty but can't find any warranty details. In
August of this year the camera was water damaged and Leica (US service
center) wanted $4000 to repair it. Should I have followed and sent it to
another facility for repair? Or is this not covered with the US Passport
warranty? NeilNeil A. Miller Phoenix, Arizona Email: plus_4 at hotmail.com
Website: http://www.neilamiller.com
On Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 19:22:40 +0100 Nathan Wajsman wrote:My UK Passport
warranty certificate states, in part:

"If, during the period of cover, any part of the equipment ceases to
function, or functions incorrectly, from whatever cause, including
accidental damage, it will be repaired by Leica Camera Ltd. free of charge."

OK, I sent the camera to Solms and not to Leica UK but it should not matter.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141665/direct/01/

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Leica M8 -- too fragile for the real world - or)