Subject: [Leica] Leica M8 -- too fragile for the real world - or
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 22:59:35 -0800

Short answer..... there is no US Passport Warranty on the M8.  At least to
the degree that accidental damage is covered..... ( Per my warranty book)

A new/used camera would cost you around $2500 right now.... cheaper than  to
fix yours.....

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

Does any know what the US Passport warranty certificate states? I purchased
an M8 in early December 2007 from a local Phoenix, Arizona Leica Dealer. I
assume I had a Passport Warranty but can't find any warranty details. In
August of this year the camera was water damaged and Leica (US service
center) wanted $4000 to repair it. Should I have followed and sent it to
another facility for repair? Or is this not covered with the US Passport
warranty?

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Leica M8 -- too fragile for the real world - or)