Subject: [Leica] Leica M8 -- too fragile for the real world - or don't sweat while using it...
From: joseph at yao.com (Joseph Yao)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 02:13:31 +0800

Leica AG only offer their standard warranty who covers non-accidental
damage/failures.  Leica 'Passport Warranty' is issued by selected regional
Leica importers extends to cover accidental damages.  In your case it was
Leica UK who issued the Passport Warranty for your M8, not Leica AG.  I
would take this up with Leica UK.  With hindsight you should have contacted
Leica UK first for repair.

Joseph