Subject: [Leica] Was M9 internal IR Cut filter - 21mm on M9
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:41:50 -0800

> Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 09:29:07 -0800
> From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i at earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] M9 Internal IR-Cut filter make the camera fragile
>       to      use?
> To: "'Leica Users Group'" <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> The M8 sensor, being smaller, has a less oblique angle on rays from
> the lens
> at its edges of the sensor.....thus it is more forgiving of wide angle
> non-retrofocus lenses....
>
> OTOH, if you take into account the smaller angle of view, would a
> 15mm Lens
> on the M8 create more or less problems than a 20mm lens on a M9?
> If it were the same design, then the problem seems to be the same or
> close..... if the designs were different, ( which is what I would
> guess) the
> answer would be only a guess.  You would need to test it to find out.
>
> The answer to the 21 SA on the M9 would be interesting... anyone
> have a lens
> and a M9 to try it out?
>
> Frank Filippone

Hi Frank,
Just to add to the info pool - I used the 21 Lux on an M9 at the LHSA
meeting in Seattle and the combo worked fine.
Don't know how retro focus the 21 Lux is?? Not at all???
Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Was M9 internal IR Cut filter - 21mm on M9)
Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] Was M9 internal IR Cut filter - 21mm on M9)