Subject: [Leica] Was M9 internal IR Cut filter - 21mm on M9
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 09:26:23 +0000

Hi Howard,
all Leica WA lenses have been slightly retrofocus since around 1980. I do
not know whether this was to reduce natural vignetting or to allow more
accurate TTL metering, perhaps both. WA lenses since then will probably work
well on the M9, earlier ones need a trial I suppose.
FWIW the only lens I have used on my M9 that does not return impeccable
results is the CV 12mm, and IMO if that needs corrections it is right and
proper for Cosina to provide them, not Leica.
cheers,
other Frank