Subject: [Leica] NYTimes.com: The Do-It-Yourself Economy
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 14:33:02 -0800

BIM is a technological direction foisted on the design and
construction industry by project managers and others who don't
understand the design process, and through it  these managers try to
offload work and responsibility onto the designers. It forces the
designer to input a large amount of information at a stage where that
information is not yet available, so it always has to be edited and
corrected later. It's a make-work process that interferes with design
and works best with industrial construction. I've not yet seen it
applied successfully and productively on any architectural project.

It also bogs down computers, makes cooperative work difficult to
manage and costs architects a huge amount of work that cannot be
readily invoiced.

As you might be able to tell, I'm not a fan. I shall not use the
words I would like to apply.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design