Subject: [Leica] NYTimes.com: The Do-It-Yourself Economy
From: filippini at theramp.net (The Filippini Family- Matt & Blaise)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:44:16 -0500 (EST)

I have used CAD for years.  Now I have to learn BIM: Building Information
Modeling, where 3-D models are built not just with lines and solids, but
with the information of what building components are used.  The
model/database is theoretically to be used not only during design and
construction, but throughout the life of the building.  Pretty neat in
theory, and the software has come a long way, but it isn't quite there
yet.

Matt