Subject: [Leica] New York, here I come!
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 17:12:19 -0500

try to stay away from the big touristy parts.
If you have fast glass, then you can get by with 400iso at night. I
regularly walk around at night set at 800iso with 1 stop underexposure
shooting at f/2.8. Manhattan is relatively bright along the big
avenues. If you get a nice clear day, take the PATH over to Hoboken and
shoot yourself a nice Manhattan cityscape from across the Hudson.

I live in Philly but hang out in NYC often enough that I just carry
around a camera all the time and avoid the touristy areas like the
plague around the holidays.

You might think about taking a day to visit Philadelphia if you have
time in your itinerary. We've got fewer people but just as much history
if that's your thing.

Don't forget to try to get together with the NYC LUGers. A fine bunch
of people if I may say so.

Phil Forrest