Subject: [Leica] Lightroom or CS4 Bridge?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 19:55:40 -0800

I have Lightroom,  Aperture, and Photoshop/Bridge. Of these I find
myself working within Photoshop/Bridge much more often than the other
two. Aperture has dropped off the playing field even though its human
interface blows Lightroom away. I utterly despise Lightroom's modal
nature. It's like they didn't learn ANYTHING over the past decade.
But, it's Adobe and the number of horrid GUI sins they have committed
are so numerous as to frighten small children. Aperture got that part
right, and they did a great job of keywording. But the reality is that
I I seldom keyword. I'm not like Tina who can sit at the computer and
spend lots of time labeling. It's almost foreign to my head. I
understand Photoshop and finally can be quite productive in it so I
don't feel the need to slide into a cousin program whose metaphors are
cousins to Photoshop. It's like going from the USA to Australia for me
- wrong side of the road, things work different, the language SEEMS
the same underneath there are very real differences. But, ultimately,
it's the utterly lame modal nature of Lightroom that drives me away.

At least this is better than arguing about Macs and PC's! Or iPhones
and Droids! Oh, wait, we haven't done that yet have we? (running for
it now.....)

Adam

Replies: Reply from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] Lightroom or CS4 Bridge?)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Lightroom or CS4 Bridge?)