Subject: [Leica] Lightroom or CS4 Bridge?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 17:59:39 -0500

> 2009-12-06-14:39:40 Mark Rabiner:
>> But Lightroom is great became people who've always felt intimidated by
>> Photoshop can just skip Photoshop. And tweak their images in that half
>> baked
>> way.
>
> Ignorance. Ignorance repeated loudly and over and over doesn't become
> truth.
>
> Lightroom is great because it was actually designed to be used by
> photographers for photography.  It's good with that.  Photography.
> As anyone who's actually used if for awhile for, you know, photography,
> comes to realize.

I'm sorry but just because Photoshop does a hundred things a photographer
would not need to have done but a pre press person or graphic artist of some
kind would does not make it in any way less viable for a photographer.
Just because you can pound in a nail with the back of a wrench doesn't mean
that you cant then use that  wrench to tighten a bolt.
The name "Photoshop" is a hint.
The main photographers tool for digital photography since pretty much the
day it came out in 1990 which was pretty much the day I started using it and
so did most my photographer friends not long afterward. Its been a couple of
decades.

LIGHTROOM is a light box metaphor.
Its for ORGANIZING your pictures.
ARRANGING them on the light table.
The picture tweaking thing is an afterthought.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from zoeica at mac.com (Chris Williams) ([Leica] Lightroom or CS4 Bridge?)
Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Lightroom or CS4 Bridge?)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Lightroom or CS4 Bridge?)