Subject: [Leica] Lightroom or CS4 Bridge?
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 13:54:21 -0800

I've used Photoshop since it was v0.9, and got Lightroom right after
it graduated from rumour status. Both work, but LR works better as a
general photo processing tool. The main reason is that, as Alastair
has remarked, it works non-destructively. Photoshop doesn't do that
intrinsically, and to do non-destructive editing with Photoshop you
have to use a more complex and cumbersome workflow.

So Lightroom will, in general, output high quality images than Photoshop.

As others who have both programs have noted, about 95% of my work
gets done in Lightroom and 5% in Photoshop, but that last 5% gets
done after Lightroom has done as much as it can. That way the highest
quality is maintained.

At 6:40 PM -0500 12/6/09, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>Thanks for taking the Time George and effort but on your last post I just
>remember this structure:
>
>     LIBRARY
>     DEVELOP
>     SLIDE SHOW
>     PRINT
>     WEB
>

>Top billing goes to LIBRARY.
>DEVELOP is second banana.

Do you organize your files on your hard drive or use Bridge before
opening them in Photoshop?

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design