Subject: [Leica] Orford Street Scene - Full Size
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 14:53:01 -0500

Philippe - The image didn't come through.  Did you intend to send this off
list?

In any case, I'm too lazy to carry a tripod with a proper pan head around
when I travel.  I know a photographer on the Cape* who, among other things,
makes really large panos that he sells to companies as office decoration.
Each pane is individually framed with no overlap allowed on the negs.  Some
of his work is 30 feet wide.  He ran through his routine for me once,
demonstrating the specially marked pan head with exactly located nodal point
and built-in bubble level, etc., etc.  The results are spectacular but, ye
gods, what a lot of work!

I'm going to count on the approximate approach and use PS to glue the frames
together.  :-)

Regards,

Dick

*Cape Cod, that is.