Subject: [Leica] Voigtländer Germany - a lie, a pile of baloney, or a marketing ploy?
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 07:26:43 +0100

Just relax Mark. Voigtl?nder made cameras that not enough people wanted to
buy and went bankrupt. History does not matter in the marketplace, only what
you can do for your customers now. At least the name had some commercial
value to it, so just be happy that whoever went bankrupt with the company
was able to recover at least something.

I for one applaud Cosina's product line--I do not like all their stuff, but
their line of good quality, low cost rangefinders and lenses provided an
entry into the rangefinder (and hence possibly Leica) world for many, and
expanded the possible universe for those of us who already own Leica bodies.
My 1.2/35mm Cosina/Voigtl?nder is superb, and particularly at 1.2 it beats
the Summilux hands down ;-)

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain