Subject: [Leica] Voigtländer Germany - a lie, a pile of baloney, or a marketing ploy?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 20:30:03 -0500

> Does it say Nikon or Canon China on the boxes of  some of  their DSLRs
> and lenses? - I don't think so.
> The box of my Canon  EF-S 60mm Macro shows CANON INC. in large bold caps
> and below it a shy and retiring, very tiny, light grey, lower case "Made
> in Taiwan".
> Does that make it less of a Canon lens?
> D.

The end of your post here is a reminder that it doesn't say NIKON JAPAN or
CANON JAPAN and then you open up the box and its made in Thailand on the rim
of the lens.
The reason might be that that would be an obvious deception and such a thing
is best avoided.
Their marketing and design people seem to think that lying is a thing best
avoided.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Voigtländer Germany - a lie, a pile of baloney, or a marketing ploy?)
Reply from platoali at gmail.com (Platoali) ([Leica] Voigtländer Germany - a lie, a pile of baloney, or a marketing ploy?)