Subject: [Leica] M9 reviewers drawn from the "unwashed masses"
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:48:28 -0500

> Only partly true Mark.
>
> I've two Leica R to Canon adapters
> and another on the way.
> Use them when appropriate
>
> Yes. It works. It's workable. It's possible. You can do it and
> achieve fine results.
>
> However,
> the moment one takes an R lens off the Canon
> and puts the same lens on the R8/DMR
> everything works flawlessly, as intended, again.
> Dream come true.
>
> And conversely,
> with Canon lenses on Canon bodies
> one does not compromise designed functionality of either body or lens.
>
> Hacking bits and pieces of different systems together provides real fun
> and useable yet compromised functionality.
>
> Well there you are.
> Back to systems designed and built to work with their various parts
> at full functionality.
>
> Obviously at the price of the adapters
> it makes sense to have them in your kit
> if you have some favorite R glass.
> But it remains a compromise of the designed functionality of the lens.
>
> Regards,
> George Lottermoser
> george at imagist.com
> http://www.imagist.com
> http://www.imagist.com/blog
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/imagist
>
> On Nov 10, 2009, at 6:06 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
>> The people that have the most problem on this list with the Leitax
>> adaptors
>> on the Canon and Nikons are the ones who've not used them.

I mainly agree George!
I've seen the people on this list for a decade going out and buying an Eos
for their Leica glass and then in the end they are just using Eos glass on
them.
I'm sure that's what I would do.
took all my eos glass and put them in my attic and threw away the key.  And
became a Leica glass on EOS kind of guy.
Kind of what Dave is doing only Nikon.
Its a mind set and a work set.

Its really the same using a Leica M.
If its just one of the many camera systems you're using you're never going
to use it.  It will feel too awkward. You'd just end up using your SLR's now
DSLR's.
So you have to just put that easy stuff aside.
And concentrate on the oh so slightly less convenient;
But better stuff.

Mark William Rabiner