Subject: [Leica] M9 reviewers drawn from the "unwashed masses"
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:41:31 -0500

> The coup of joining up with the German distributor and store-chain
> Ringfoto, who owned, and still own the Voigtl?nder brand name (inherited
> first from Zeiss and then from Rollei), was a brilliant move that
> certainly rapidly increased the awareness of the "resurrected" brand and
> got people talking about them before their reputation for high-quality
> was established
>
> Best regards
> Douglas

Amazing how differently I look at it.
A coup?
They bought the typeface.
It says Voigtl?nder Germany on the box.
I don't call that a coup I call it a big pile of baloney.

And there's a difference!

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Voigtländer Germany - a lie, a pile of baloney, or a marketing ploy?)