Subject: [Leica] Mac - Solid State or HD - for Tina
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:33:18 -0500

SSD is great since it can be very fast. Avoid the Intel consumer version
since Intel artificially caps the transfer speed to be 80 GB/s (don't quote
me on this - Intel does cripple the consumer version)

There still a one or 2 issues with SSD. SSD tends to get slower over time
unless some stuff is done to it (sorry I forgot the details - perhaps
reformatting?).

The other issue is, of course, cost. 256GB SSD maybe available but they are
kinda of very pricey still. Wait 18 months. :)

Regards,
Spencer